This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

missing pin on JTAG header on MCB1343 eval board...?

Can anyone tell me why one pin (pin 7) is not installed on the debug header (P3) on the MCB1343 eval kit board? I've been using this board to develop code for several weeks while waiting for the board we designed (with the same microcontroller as the one on the MCB1343 eval kit board) to show up from our board shop. Now that our board is here, it powers up and seems to work just fine, except for one thing. The problem is that after pressing F10 while stopped on a breakpoint it behaves differently. On the MCB1343 board the debugger stops on the next line of C code, but on our board it seems to act as though I pressed RUN followed by STOP, such that the next line of code the debugger is stopped on may be in any function in any file (that happened to have been executed after pressing F10). Pin 7 on the debug header on our board is grounded. Does that matter?

The header for the ULINK2 on our board is much closer to the microcontroller that it is on the MCB1343 board. Other than that, the circuitry for the two ULINK2 headers would seem to be identical (other than for pin 7 being grounded on our board). Can anyone give me any hints or suggestions for how to make the uVision debugger behave properly on our board, or shed any light on this problem?

Thanks,
Dave