This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DAS reports XE167 device as locked

I am having problems getting my new prototype PCB to communicate with my PC via DAS. The design is based upon the EasyKit XE167 development kit circuit, consisting of an XE167 with an FT2232D USB interface to communicate with the PC. The EEPROM on the FT2232D has been programmed (using a copy of the EasyKit XE167 EEPROM image) to identify the USB device to the PC as an Infineon XC166D/XC2000 USB COM Port and Debug, for which the PC drivers are correctly installed on initial connection. On running the DAS Device Scanner it automatically creates an entry for "XE166/XC2000-Family", but when "Start Client" is selected it prompts for a key (consisting of 4 32-bit values) for the XE166/XC2000-Family Device. Pressing OK just re-prompts for the key, whilst Abort goes to a screen reported DEVICE_LOCKED error message. Similarly, if I try to program the XE167 using Keil I get an error message reporting Device is locked.

Does anyone know what should be entered for Device key in DAS or a way of preventing DAS requesting the Device key (as occurs when connecting to the EasyKit)?

Thanks,
Dave