This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WARNING L5: CODE SPACE MEMORY OVERLAP

Hi,
I have 2 sections of code, each uses many of the others files. One compiles/assembles, the other does not do so without frightening warnings. I feel that I must resolve these warnings. I have Read The Fine Manual (as some support people no doubt say to do), and I have only one CREG statement, that is the only code statement that has an "AT 0", and in fact the only use of an AT construct in the entire code.
(I feel that I should have an explicit NOOVERLAY direction to the compiler, but I can not find my notes and can not find that in the manual.)
I wish that the linker could tell me where it found those match ups (what files they came from, or what module names they have. Linker is silent on things that it knows. Also wishlist: a help file that will give remedys for common and even uncommon problems: a error section that would tell what to look for when the error occurs. Actually there is this, or a first cut attempt at this for the Compiler. Where is this for the linker?

So I do not know what to look for, nor what the common things to do for this error are.

I have reviewed my settings for the second project target. In Misc Controls part of L51 Misc, it is blank. Should it be? And where in the manual is there a place to tell me what could go in the L51 Misc box?

Error messages and *.m51 output follow.

* * * * * * * C O D E M E M O R Y * * * * * * *
CODE 0000H 00DEH ABSOLUTE
* OVERLAP * CODE 0000H 0034H ABSOLUTE
* OVERLAP * CODE 0000H 000EH ABSOLUTE

*** WARNING L5: CODE SPACE MEMORY OVERLAP
TO: 00DDH

*** WARNING L5: CODE SPACE MEMORY OVERLAP
TO: 00DDH