This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Create HEX file of Just Data

Greetings:

Is it possible within the Keil environment to create a HEX file which contains just data, that is no startup, no main()?

We currently have a application which uses pointers to look to a specific flash address for its database. Rather than a single HEX file which contains both the application and its data, we would like to be able to load (via ULink, Flash Magic, etc) the application itself, then, depending on the requirements, any one of a quantity of different databases.

Obviously, the Keil environment works great to create the application including a main() function and the various requirements thereof.

What I would really like to do is write a C-file containing a structure (with an "AT" locator) and initializing data, then transform that into a HEX file.

With a significant amount of muscle, I think I see how I can achieve a HEX file with a binary editor and the HEX2BIN and BIN2HEX utilities, but is there a way do achieve that HEX file translation of a C type data with less manipulation?

Thanks for your thoughts,
d