This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[MCBSTM32E] Program the external SPI Flash

Hi All,

I am working on a GUI project on Keil eval board MCBSTM32E. I have two images one for the bitmap files and one for the application firmware. I want to download the bitmap image to the external SPI flash memory, because it is too big to be stored in the internal 512kB flash.

I copied the setup/project configuration given in the Keil\ARM\Boards\Keil\MCBSTM32E\Demo example. However, when I tried to download the bitmap image, the IDE is still downloading to the internal flash.

I copied the executable file STM32E_MM.elf file to my project, then tried to download the file with the same config. It went through well.

It seems to me that the target download address is somehow embedded in the image file. I guess I did not build my bitmap image correct to be downloaded to the external flash. Can anyone show me an example to build a correct image targeted to the external flash? Any help is greatly appreciated.