This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UART TTL Level Communication Distance

I am facing some embarrassing problems recently.

After some trouble-shooting, I found that:
We have Board-A and Board-B. Board-A and Board-B communicate to each other with a UART TTL Level Communication. The communication cable is around 80cm long. During the communication, I got a lot of UART errors.

My mission is to build a more reliable communication between Board-A and Board-B; but not allowed to modify the hardware design and baud-rate.

To me, it is not wise to use a UART TTL Level Communication between two boards. However, I am being told that, it is very popular to us to use a UART TTL Level Communication between two boards.

I tried to find some articles/documentation to convince the involved people, that, they should not use a UART TTL Level Communication between two boards. But I can not find anything useful. What I could find is something like:
The UART usually does not directly generate or receive the external signals used between different items of equipment.

My question is:
Where can I find some convincing articles/documentation to convince the involved people? (This is to avoid the future problems.)
If I am not allowed to modify the hardware design and baud-rate, what choices do I have to build a more reliable communication?