This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Failed to locate the driver.

I have a ULINK board and have Keil(4.13a) installed..

detailed information is listed below :

IDE-Version:
¦ÌVision V4.13a
Copyright (C) 2010 KEIL(TM) Tools by ARM

Tool Version Numbers:
Toolchain: RealView MDK Professional Version: 4.13a
Toolchain Path: BIN40\
C Compiler: Armcc.Exe V4.1.0.561
Assembler: Armasm.Exe V4.1.0.561
Linker/Locator: ArmLink.Exe V4.1.0.561
Librarian: ArmAr.Exe V4.1.0.561
Hex Converter: FromElf.Exe V4.1.0.561
CPU DLL: SARM.DLL V4.13a
Dialog DLL: DARMP.DLL V1.50
Target DLL: BIN\ULP2ARM.DLL V2.09
Dialog DLL: TARMP.DLL V1.50

Unfortunately , it looks like that the keil doesn't provide proper driver for this ULINK.

Since I have the experience of USB driver on windows XP , I can gather some specific USB information and share them here .

1 . After being plugged , ULINk is reported as "ULink pro".
2 . With the help of USBView , I check ULinks's PID is 2710 while the provided driver inf contains 2728 or 2730 . That's why no driver is selected for installation .
So what version of Keil provide driver for 2710 ??

3 . I tried to revise the inf file by appending one entry :2710 and accordingly the driver can be installed and "Ulink pro" device shows up in Device manager . HOWEVER , the Keil always complains "no Ulink device found". I suppose it is caused by the incorrect version of driver that I just installed by cheating Windows .....

With these information , please help to shed some light ......

Thanks a lot .
Daniel

• I have solved this problem .

It is caused by the incorrect driver file. when the new Hardware wizard pops up , I make the path directed to arm\ulink . Actually , the driver in this folder is not suitable.

The right way is to let the windows automatically search for it.

I suppose the key point of this issue is ULINK has several versions ....like, Ulink , ulink pro... That's make the thing different and might make newbie dizzy .

Anyway , hopefully, it is helpful to you ....