This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using ULink for debugging Muti-task programs?

Dear All,

I am wondering how the ULink works and can I use it for debbuging muli-task programs or not.
In fact, I don't have this board yet and I am interested to the sequence of executed instruction on the processor. Would this board be useful when I am calling a system function (to check the sequence of instructions related to the RTX method call) or when there are two tasks (to check the sequence of instructions of these two tasks and the instructions of RTOS scheduler when switching between tasks)?
Or It is just useful for debugging the programmer implemented code of just one program (and not the multiple tasks and the operating system instructions)?

Thanks,
Ali.

• "I am wondering how the ULink works"

The uLink allows the uVision debugger to connect to the chip's JTAG debug interface.

"can I use it for debbuging muli-task programs"

Of course you can!

The processor neither knows nor cares whether the code that it is executing was written as a "muli-task program" or not.

You will need to study the uVision Documentation to see what facilities it offers specifically to help you with debugging RTX-based muli-task programs.

I would recommend that you speak to your local Keil Distributor to discuss your requirements in detail...
    They should be able to demonstrate it to you.

See also: http://www.keil.com/events/