This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to compile project to a library

Hi,
I have a project written in highest quality ansi C and I need to share it to another one in my company. I would like to ask you is this possible to share it like a library without any of the code in .c format. I do not want them to change it and say they did it.
I'm using micro vision 4 for 51s. I had tried to create the dll file from VS2005, but I don't know whether KEIL could import this dll file or not?
Thanks,
Taballe.

• What kind of a company do you work for??!

"I had tried to create the dll file from VS2005, but I don't know whether KEIL could import this dll file or not?"

Don't you think it would be a good idea to read the Keil documentation first to determine what it can import...?

www.keil.com/.../uv4_ca_createlibraryfile.htm

• Does Visual Studio supports 8051 processors?

Or do you expect the Keil 8051 linker to support Windows binaries?

It would be a strange company if other employees would rebrand your code and claim that it is their own.

The only time someone in a company would not allow other developers in the company see the source code would probably be if the original source code is actually ripped from Internet and there is fear that someone else may recognize the similarities between the inhouse code and the same code on the net.

• I have a project written in highest quality ansi C and I need to share it to another one in my company. I would like to ask you is this possible to share it like a library without any of the code in .c format.
    some company... not sharing source with coworkers???? never heard of it. Anyhow they will be able to get it from SourceSafe or whatever equivalent you use.
    Are you afraid that those that see the source will not agree with "written in highest quality ansi C"

Erik

• Please click on "Settings" near top of this page and verify that the email address you entered is correct. We have received word that your email notifications are being sent to another person, not to you.

• Yes you can create Keil library files using Keil. How to do it is in the Keil manual. look up "library manager".