This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MDK420.exe Breaks my Dual Monitor

Recently my NVIDIA GeForce8400GS graphics card with dual monitors (ASUS MS227 vga/DVI-D) on a Windows 7 64-bit PC was working great!

Then, I downloaded a Keil C Compiler (MDK420.EXE) and ran the install. At the point when USB drivers were installed, my second screen (DVI-D) went black. I have tried uninstalling the Keil software, uninstalling and reinstalling the NVIDIA driver (270.61), swapping monitors, booting with just a DVI monitor connected, and so on. Still, the DVI monitor is not recognized.

Keil's response is : "We have had thousands of downloads and no problems"

To NVIDIA's credit they are working with me, asking that I try simple experiments. What I was really hoping for is some way to inspect the PlugnPlay registry values, as I assume that if a monitor is not detected, the problem lies there. Windows 7 has a new way of doing dealing with displays (QueryDisplayConfig and SetDisplayConfig), so not too surprising
that there could be a new problem.

I advise you to unplug any secondary DVI screen before you install this program!