Read-Only
Author
Navit kallukappa
Posted
11-Apr-2011 18:22 GMT
Toolset
None
New! need to get ir sensor output to computer monitor via a microcontroller

I am making a parking project using embedded systemfor which i need to connect various IR sensors to a microcontroller (8051 probably),and then the outputs of the controller to a computer monitor.when the sensor is interrupted ,(((the signal causes a picture or a logo(a cartoon car image) to be displayed at a certain place on the screen.well this can be achieved through software but i dont know how to interface the controller to the monitor and manipulate the data.. ))).If nybdy knows,please hellllp...

Read-Only
Author
Andrew Neil
Posted
11-Apr-2011 20:27 GMT
Toolset
None
New! RE: I am making a parking project

Is this a school project, or a commercial project?

"i dont know how to interface the controller to the monitor and manipulate the data"

If it's a school project, then this is work that you should be doing;

If it's a commercial project, you should either hire appropriate staff, or outsource to a 3rd party that does know this stuff.

Read-Only
Author
Per Westermark
Posted
11-Apr-2011 22:07 GMT
Toolset
None
New! RE: I am making a parking project

Handling IR senors input (broken light beam) is trivial. And a problem completely separated from the presentation of the result. Always, always, always make sure that you separate your different problems into their own boxes and solve them one-by-one. Never look for a solution to a super-problem.

Presentating on a computer monitor? The 8051 is not a good chip for driving computer monitors. Especially since newer computer monitors are thin LCD monitors with DVI connectors. If a school project - offload the presentation to a PC to show a concept. Or ignore computer monitors and select a LCD panel that have a suitable interface and internal controller, so you can just plot x-y dots, or draw sprites but don't have to care about any refresh of the image.

Of for a commercial project with needs of a larger display - go for an ARM chip with some form of internal LVDI interface for accessing to raw LCD panels or with interface for generating DVI signals.

Next Thread | Thread List | Previous Thread Start a Thread | Settings

Arm logo
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our cookies.

Change Settings

Privacy Policy Update

Arm’s Privacy Policy has been updated. By continuing to use our site, you consent to Arm’s Privacy Policy. Please review our Privacy Policy to learn more about our collection, use and transfers
of your data.