Author
Pavel Faltynek
Posted
9-Apr-2011 21:18 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! LPC17xx libspace.o RAM usage

Hi,

just experimenting with program footprint in the flash (on NXP CM3: LPC1768) with Keil uVision. In the HEX file I was wondering, why the first Vector Table item (initial stack pointer) is different than RAM_BASE + STACK_SIZE and realized there is another 96 bytes allocated for other purposes:

0x10000000   0x00000060   Zero   RW           61    .bss                c_w.l(libspace.o)

As there is no effective user code (in the experimental project), just startup (almost the same as provided by Keil) and empty main, I would like to know what so relatively big amount or RAM is used for.

I only would think of ANSI-C "background" (pre-start) stuff, like memory init, but not sure if this needs static memory block...
I suppose this stuff is proprietary to Keil and thus there is not much documented or am I wrong?

Thanks for responses.

Regards Pavel

Read-Only
Author
Robert Rostohar
Posted
11-Apr-2011 06:24 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: LPC17xx libspace.o RAM usage

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.kui0099a/armlib_chdfajcf.htm

Next Thread | Thread List | Previous Thread Start a Thread | Settings

Arm logo
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our cookies.

Change Settings

Privacy Policy Update

Arm’s Privacy Policy has been updated. By continuing to use our site, you consent to Arm’s Privacy Policy. Please review our Privacy Policy to learn more about our collection, use and transfers
of your data.