This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

USB MSC & Windows7

Hi,

some time ago I implemented Mass Storage device to access SD Card via USB (lpc23xx). The design was inspired by the Keil free example (accessing RAM via MSC).

- Windows XP 32bit recognizes the device, "installs" driver and everything seems to be OK.
- Windows 7 64bit recognizes the device, "installs" driver, but claims the device is not formated and should be and offers formating (up to now I refused, because I needed the files stored on the card). Anyway that's nonsense, because there is regular FAT with some files present on the card.

The question is: before I start digging, isn't anyone USB skilled of you aware of any difference the Win7 needs and WinXP does not?

Thanks for info.

• For testing, I download Keil USBMem example on Keil MCB2300 board.
    C:\Keil\ARM\Boards\Keil\MCB2300\USBMem\
    The mass-storage example is mounted both on Windows XP(x86,SP3) and 7(x64) without any trouble.

> Windows 7 64bit recognizes the device, "installs" driver, but claims the device is not formated and should be and offers formating .. Anyway that's nonsense, because there is regular FAT with some files present on the card.

I have an impression that the trouble relates to some change you applied to the partition - FAT system on the original.
    Did you change some parameters from the original?
    - parameters on the partition table in MBR
    - parameters on the BPB (BIOS Parameter Block) on the boot sector

As of FAT system, does chkdsk report any error on WinXP?

Windows become stricter from version to version.

Tsuneo