This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ethernet

Hi,
I am using MCB2300 kit(lpc2368).Willing to send data through Ethernet. I found few codes and when compiled in uvision 4 , its giving code limited error as it is evaluation version.Are any light weight TCP/IP stacks available through which basic Ethernet configuration with MCB2300 can be done and send data without size limitation error.
Thanks in advance.
Maya

• I don't think so - TCP/IP stacks are complicated beasts so even if you do find a stack that fits in 32kB, you would still need space for your own code.

If you switch to the freely available gcc compiler, then you don't have to fight any code size limitations. But on the other hand, you will not have the nice Keil debugger with dialogs to present all peripherial states and the ability to simulate most of the processor.

• "light-weight" is relative!

The following are relatively light-weight as TCP/IP stacks go:

http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/

www.sics.se/.../Main_Page

You will have to determine for yourself whether they are sufficiently light-weight to fit within the 32K limit...

You should also check the NXP site - I think they have a special version of the Niche-Lite stack specifically for use with NXP chips...?

Again, you would have to determine for yourself whether it is sufficiently light-weight for you...