This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Low Voltage Operation of LPC3250

Hi,

I am using LPC3250 for my design. My system has to be very power efficient therefore I have to apply some power management techniques.

When I checked the user manual I saw Low-Voltage Operation, which runs the MCU at 0,9V. It decreases the clock frequency but also decreases the power consumption.
I wonder whether this mode of operation can cause any unpredictable problems? Do all the peripherals run correctly in this mode? To what values does the clock frequency drop?

Besides, what other methods can I apply in my software to decrease the power consumption?

I'll be happy to hear good news from you. Thanks for your helps in advance..

• The datasheet should tell how fast you can run the processor when running at a lower voltage.

But remember that sleeping the processor instead of busy-looping in the idle "thread" is very, very important. Running with a lower clock frequency means each task takes longer time, reducing the percentage of time the processor may sleep. So you will have to experiment a bit to figure out the real gain from running at a lower voltage - this is especially important if you also have external hardware that draws current and that needs to be powered for a longer time if the processor needs more time for calculations.