This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LPC900 Timer0/1 PWM Error

Hi,

i use the latest demo version of Keil v9.02a for 8051. When i simulate a very simple pwm (timer0/1 mode 6) testprogram for a P89LPC935 the behavior of the simulator seems to be wrong. The datasheet says on page 53 the following:

- The low period of the TFn is in THn, and should be between 1 and 254
- The high period of the TFn is always 256-THn
- Loading THn with 00h will force the Tx pin high, loading THn with FFh will force the Tx
pin low

This is what i see when running the testprogram on the board, so it is correct.

In the simulation the Tn pin is constant 0 when i load THn=0 and 1 when i load THn=0xFF. And with higher TFn values the high phase of the pwm gets larger.

But in reality the Tn pin is constant 1 when i load THn=0 and 0 when i load THn=0xFF. And with higher TFn values the low phase of the pwm gets larger. Like described in the datasheet.

I know that i could invert the pwm output of the ccu timer, but for timer0/1 i don't know anything which could do that.
So is there any setting which i missed that could invert the output of the pwm for timer0/1 or is this a bug in the smulation?

Ciao,
Rainer

• Additionally to the inverted display in the logic analyzer i also noted that the behaviour at one border is incorrect. When loading THn=0 it shows a constant 0 but when loading THn=0xFF it does not show a constant 1 but instead still a little 0 peak which should not occur.