This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RE: which codes?

Before even beginning to think about any code, you need to think about what hardware you will use.
I just know 8051 programming a bit. So i decided to use it.

You do understand why you lose your data when the power is removed, don't you?
Yes. I know why my data loosing. And im trying to solve it. Also i stopped my project about this problem.

Memories that lose their data when power is lost - such as the internal RAM of an 8051 - are said to be volatile;

Memories that do not lose their data when power is lost are said to be non-volatile.

It should be obvious that you have 2 possible approaches here:

1. provide some sort of "backup" supply - so that your (volatile) memory does not lose its power;

2. use some sort of non-volatile memory - so that it does not matter that your memory loses its power.

There are many different ways to achieve each of these - it is your job, as designer, to consider which is most appropriate to the specific requirements & constraints of your particular application...

Thank you. I know all of them. The think i dont know is, Does a 8051 have any non-volatile memory? and how to store my data to there.
if 8051 does not have, i will use a 26XX series eeprom. but it will place on my board :(