This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Admin - Call for forum enhancement requests

All,

I have noticed a few posts that have made some suggestions about forum enhancements.

As we're migrating and enhancing the site, there may be an opportunity to enhance the forum, as well. Some of the suggestions I have seen are:

• Report a post. (inappropriate or unrelated content, spam)
  • Edit posts. Keil administrators already have this capability, but as the forum isn't heavily moderated, it may be useful to give this capability to users for their own posts, and in the case of frequent/valued contributors, for other members' posts.
  • Logins. We haven't required logins or account verification in the past 15 years because it has never seemed to be necessary. However, editing posts will require some sort of authentication to keep trolls from editing at random.
  • Move from discussion thread to question/answer format. Some sites (such as stackoverflow.com) use this quite successfully. It encourages on-topic posts and I feel improves the value of the forum archive as a technical resource.
  • UI changes. Entering a message on a separate page from the thread in a 50 character wide text box is less than ideal.Real-time preview would also be nice.
  • If you have any opinions on these or other enhancements/modifications, please post here or email me directly at david.lively@arm.com.