Read-Only
Author
Dan Henry
Posted
4-May-2010 17:12 GMT
Toolset
C51
New! RE: what do u mean by v and rd2 in p89v51rd2 ic

It's the vacuum tube version. Some purists favor it over the transistor version.

Read-Only
Author
Andy Neil
Posted
4-May-2010 17:39 GMT
Toolset
C51
New! Just read the datasheet !

The datasheet tells you what the chip does!

The datasheet might also give you a description of the numbering scheme, or you may be able to find a description on the NXP website - if you're really interested.

Note that this has nothing at all to do with Keil - it is entirely a matter of NXP's numbering scheme

Read-Only
Author
erik Malund
Posted
4-May-2010 17:47 GMT
Toolset
C51

what do u mean by v and rd2 in p89v51rd2 ic
I do not know what micro (u) means, but I doubt (s)he wrote the datasheet or decided the letters.

Erik

Read-Only
Author
Jack Sprat
Posted
5-May-2010 15:47 GMT
Toolset
C51

I do not know what micro (u) means, but I doubt (s)he wrote the datasheet or decided the letters.

You poor thing, you often post this and nobody explains. Let me help:

"micro" means 'millionth' - as an example, one micro metre would be a millionth of a metre. One does not attribute gender to 'micro'. You seem to be confusing the letter 'u' with the greek letter Mu, the lower case version of which is the standard symbol for micro. In the common parlance used over modern communication media the letter 'u' is used as an abbreviation for the word 'you'. Now, you may not like this as it is something your generation is not used to, but for those that have grown up with text messaging and internet based communication it is often the norm. Given that you will be dead before they are it is a fact you will have to accept that this abbreviation is here to stay. This is all part of the natural progression of language and is something that I think you will find is both expected and accepted by the linguistic community. I have heard it suggested that (counter-intuitive though it may seem) learning this type of abbreviated communication at an early age may actually be beneficial to both the speed and depth of a childs' acquisition of language skills.

Next Thread | Thread List | Previous Thread Start a Thread | Settings

Keil logo

Arm logo
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our cookies.