This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Huge Memory - Linking problems

Hello all,

does anybody have experience with linking *big* programs for C161U? I have a large project, which uses up to 2MB RAM. During simulation is everything OK and program works fine, but in real system linker places some variables in ROM, instead of RAM memory space. My system is uVision2 v2.30, C Compiler v4.22 and Linker/Locator v4.24.

Any ideas or comments?

Thanks,
Rado.

• Rado,
    I've been working with a HLARGE program for two years using the versions listed without the problem you have. I highly recommend you create a memory map document for each different form of program you have (ie. simulation, bootstrap download & final output). Then check all the class locations in the linker command line and modify them to match. The bootstrap download is special since you must also specify RAM for the monitor and you must also modify the monitor to match this memory map. Having this map documented has saved a huge number of hours trying to figure where things are.

The only problem I have had in the tools is the linker putting the CINITTAB in an empty area at 00'8000 which is right after the internal flash but contains no memory. The problem went away when I specifically told the linker where to put the table.
    Best luck
    Scott