This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't connect USB debug adapter

Hi,
I have board which contains Silabs 8051F060 MCU. It is working fine when it is programmed with EC2 (RS232). It contains all protection circuit on JTAG as suggested by Silabs like Schottky diode, series resistors.
When i try to connect this board with USB JTAG adapter (Ver. 1.6.0.0) gives error as "Communication could not be established with the specified adapter.Please confirm the adapter selection and cable connection."

Although my USB JTAG adaper working fine with Silabs DK. I am using same connections and setting for both boards.

My board is protected with secuirity bit. So first i have to erase the whole flash, when i try to erase flash (with USB adapter connected to PC and board) in Silabs IDE (Tools>Erase Code Space) it is showing "Preparing for flash erase" then showing "Do you want to erase" then gives error. "Failed setting suspend state to access flash.
Invalid target response". Then it gives error "target failed to respond. system is being disconnected".
Please suggest solution.

What is the possible problem ? Pls. suggest a way to out of this problem.
Is there any change in protedtion circuit for EC2 and USB.

Thanks in advance.