This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to use Mon166 and RTX166 Tiny at the same time?

Hi,

I'm currently working in a team on a project by which we intend to find out, how to use the Keil Monitor 166 with a running RTOS(RTX166 Tiny)- application.
We're working on a Phytec Kitcon167CR board, using Keil µVision3 IDE. We succeeded in configuring the memory settings, so that, if I understood the documentation correctly, our RTOS-program is located in 0x00000(location defined as ROM in "Options for target") and that the Monitor is stored in 0xFEA00(location defined as RAM). When we switch to debug mode, the monitor and the program is loaded into the device. We can start the program successfully, but then we can't stop it again without getting an error. This makes the monitor useless... As our program doesn't use interrupts, we have no idea, where we should start looking for the problem.
So we came to our first question:
Is it even possible to use Monitor166 with RTX-Tiny?

We also checked a lot of documentation and came about an article that says, that an RTOS needs to have an extra Debug-Kernel, which is unusual for 8 or 16-bit RTOS's. It seems that Keil provides "display dlls" for RTX Tiny and RTX Full instead, which should provide mointoring capabilities. So, now the next question is:

Where can I find these display dlls and how can I use them?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
Johannes