This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MCB1000 HID and Binary Files

A MCB1000 LPC1343 based evaluation board recently arrived here and I am trying to make it do something from the Keil Toolchain uVision 4.01.

I am waiting for a 10 Pin Cable for my ULink 2 so I can debug on the chip but in the meantime I thought I would load some Keil/NXP? Provided demos in to the board.

The following webpage made this look all very promising:
www.standardics.nxp.com/.../lpc13xx.usb.pdf

The reality is much less promising as I cannot get anything working here.

The first battle I had is that the Keil IDE cannot generate Binary files directly.

I got round this after much head scratching and rather too much digging by finding that a Binary file can be obtained by using "fromelf.exe" post processing in the User Tab of the options. It does not help that the elf file actualy has a .axf externtion, Doh!

I used this command line:
"C:\Keil\ARM\BIN40\fromelf.exe --bin --output=Flash/BlinkyBin.bin Flash/BlinkyBin.axf"

I then got a bin file.

If I program this in to the board using the instructions from the NXP Weblink and reset the unit, it comes straight back as a drive.

This implies that the binary file is not a valid one!

I also wanted to try the actaul HID Demo from the NXP link only to find that it is NOT provided as part of the KEIL toolchain as the PDF says.

I emailed KEIL support and they sent me a HID Demo. It was however not the same one as in the PDF and again the Binary file did not work.

Has anybody managed to make a working Binary file for the LPC1343 with uVision and if you have how did you do it?

Life, don't talk to me about life ...

All te best.

Simon R. Ellwood BEng.