Read-Only
Author
Ramazan ARIKAN
Posted
21-Nov-2008 14:48 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! Ulink jtag problem,

I am using STR9. While trying load the program to the flash memory, I get the following error,

In debug: "memory mismatch address 0x00000 value: 0xff extected 0x18"
while downloading: "flash download failed could not stop ARM9E device please check the JTAG cable"

Ramazan ARIKAN

Read-Only
Author
Tamir Michael
Posted
21-Nov-2008 14:53 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: Ulink jtag problem,

did you verify that the correct programming algorithm is selected...?

Read-Only
Author
ramazan arikan
Posted
24-Nov-2008 07:44 GMT
Toolset
ARM

Yes I verified the algorithm. The microcontroller is STR912FAWX6, and the algarithm is "ULINK arm debugger". However, automatic device chain initilization is failed. I manuelly add the device. If I choose auto detection, it it says that "JTAG connection failed".

When I press the load button, the device is resetted. But I get the massage "flash download failed could not stop ARM9E device please check the JTAG cable"

best regards

Ramazan

Read-Only
Author
Robert Rostohar
Posted
24-Nov-2008 08:58 GMT
Toolset
ARM

If automatic JTAG detection fails on STR9 then JTAG communication is not working (manual settings will not help in this case and debugging/flashing will still fail).

Check your HW and JTAG connection and try the following:
- reduce JTAG clock
- check also: http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3215.htm

Next Thread | Thread List | Previous Thread Start a Thread | Settings

Arm logo
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our cookies.

Change Settings

Privacy Policy Update

Arm’s Privacy Policy has been updated. By continuing to use our site, you consent to Arm’s Privacy Policy. Please review our Privacy Policy to learn more about our collection, use and transfers
of your data.