Read-Only
Author
Nabeen Amatya
Posted
30-Aug-2008 13:19 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! error during compilation

I recently bought LM3S1968 evaluation kit. As per the instruction provided in CD I installed Keil and its device drivers. It worked all fine. Later my hard disk got crashed so I bought new hard disk and loaded the software same like before. Now for startup.s file compilation it gives error
"Assembler tool for the compilation tools has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
and for every c extension (.c) file it gives error
"The ARM(t) c/c++ Compiler has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
and at output window I see
------------------------------------------------------
".\obj\hello.axf: error: L6002U:Could not open file.\obj\startup.o:No such file or directory.
Target not created.
------------------------------------------------------
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keil software and drivers but all in vein. While uninstalling the keil I get error message
"Del1E.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

How do i continue my learning?

Please Help.
Best Regards
Nabeen Lal Amatya

Read-Only
Author
Rajeev Daniel
Posted
11-Sep-2008 09:10 GMT
Toolset
ARM
New! RE: error during compilation

Hello everyone,

Me also started having the same problem. I would like to know whther you have rectified the above problem. Thankyou

Read-Only
Author
Sergei Penner
Posted
12-Sep-2008 09:42 GMT
Toolset
ARM

Hi, so we are now three. I use Keil for compiling in LabVIEW environment. When I want to make a build of my project (ARM Embedded MB2300) the process comes to compiling RTX_Config.c and a get the same error L6002U.
So what's wrong?

Read-Only
Author
Nabeen Amatya
Posted
12-Sep-2008 16:45 GMT
Toolset
ARM

I haven't got the solution yet. if it gets solved at your end then please let me know too.

best regards
nabeen

Read-Only
Author
Marleen ten Broeke
Posted
15-Sep-2008 10:22 GMT
Toolset
ARM

Hello,

i had the same problem. But that was on a Vista pc.
When i installed at a XP pc everything was fine!

I also notised that an other cd might help.
I had some strange errors after compiling, but a collegea did not. (same project) when i re installed uVision with his cd. Everything was fine.

I do not know where the problem lies but that was my solution.

Good luck!

Next Thread | Thread List | Previous Thread Start a Thread | Settings

Arm logo
Important information

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our cookies.

Change Settings

Privacy Policy Update

Arm’s Privacy Policy has been updated. By continuing to use our site, you consent to Arm’s Privacy Policy. Please review our Privacy Policy to learn more about our collection, use and transfers
of your data.